Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A haphazard post for a haphazard weekend.

When I asked the husband how he was doing this morning, as I am wont to do, he told me he was hung over. "I have a splitting headache and I feel nauseous*", he groaned. "But we didn't drink anything at all yesterday." "No. But I think all the alcohol from the rest of the weekend finally left my system".

That, my friends, is the sort of weekend we had. Red wine, white wine and whisky, all culminating in the most abysmal attempt to play poker ever.
"So, hang on, I've put in four of these chip things, does that mean I can knock on the table or do I have to put more in?"
"Who's left of dealer? Is it me?" "You're the dealer" "Oh, right. How many cards in the flop again?"
"Ha! I have a straight!" "It's not your turn. But I fold." "So do I" "And me" "Dammit".

Much of Sunday was spent trying to set up our shiny new wireless modem connection, which works fine on the desktop but sends my laptop into a confused tizzy. I'm not even going to go into it, except to say Who The Hell Told Me Laptops Were Fun This Isn't Fun.

And then in my hopes that this post would have a point, it somehow became Tuesday. I hate it when that happens.

*Yes, I know it's 'nauseated'. But I am not an asshole who corrects my husband on tiny pernickety grammatical errors first thing on a Monday morning. I make this qualifying comment only because some scientist-types like to get all pedantic in my comments section, as if it mattered whether a frog and a fish are in fact the same thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm actually, it does matter. I'm one of those pedantic types that without thinking about it corrects grammatical errors during arguments, this never goes down well. Or spelling errors in emails, when I reply back to them. Or online chats. I just can't help it. But, perhaps that's why I'm a librarian?

09 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home