Friday, October 06, 2006

At least I'm not as clueless about appropriate office behaviour as Foley

For commentary about serious political issues, I usually turn to Shakespeare's Sister; and, indeed, her latest post is worth reading. This time, though, the political news story of the week is so sleazy that I can’t do better than to point you at Jason Mulgrew to get the full import of what’s involved here. Seriously, go and read his commentary, it’s both hilarious and shudderingly nasty.

Onto other things. For someone who hates leaving workplaces, I seem to be doing a lot of it recently. Today’s my last day at this current job, after which I have two weeks holiday and then officially begin my career as an Evil Corporate Lawyer, complete with menacing laugh. No capes, sadly.

So I agonised this morning about whether I should bring something into work, a cake or something, and if so do I announce it or just leave it in the lunchroom, and does that presumably mean I have to go to/initiate a morning tea, and why the hell am I the only person in the entire world who doesn’t understand the etiquette involved here? Was there a class in school I missed?

Anyway, the bakery I walk past in the morning wasn’t yet open, so I am cakeless, which probably makes me the Most Ungrateful Intern Ever. Maybe I’ll buy flowers at lunchtime and leave them instead. Probably won’t, though, to be honest.

Two weeks off. I’m dizzy at the prospect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home