Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Language

Morning, all. I’m tired and distracted today, and so I don’t have a coherent post. Short of turning to the wonders of modern technology, there’s not much I can do about it. So in substitution for narrative, here are two things that have made me smile today.

1. In an otherwise non-hilarious court judgement:

The father was born in August 1963 and was aged 41 at the date of the trial Judge’s judgment. The mother was born in August 1965 and was aged 39 years at that time.

Must have come as a surprise to her parents.

2. In case you don’t already know this, Gmail, which is run by Google, displays selected adverts based on the contents of emails. “Are you coming to Sydney this weekend?” will yield a link to “cheap flights!”, that sort of thing. Anyway, when clearing out my Spam folder this morning I noticed a link to Spam Primavera. As in, an actual recipe. This amuses me no end and I am hoping that I will receive a new Spam recipe every time I receive spam.

(That was way too much set up for a dull punch-line. My apologies)

(Also, Spam Primavera? Who would eat such a thing?)


Some days I just shouldn't post, I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

20 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://google-index.info/2206.html and http://googleindex.info/2864.html

24 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home