Thursday, July 06, 2006

Looking at Friday

No blogging tomorrow, people. I have a corporate love-in to go to that will last all day and stop me accessing a computer. I’m hoping that the free food makes up for the excruciating boredom, but I think I’m probably hoping in vain.

Plus, did I mention I have to give a presentation? Normally, I have no problem with talking to an audience. I like the attention. But this time: well, there are so many things wrong with this idea, I cannot begin to tell you.

I don’t want to go into what I do for a living, because it’s dull, but basically I’m giving a presentation justifying the existence of a work unit which is completely and utterly useless, to a large group of near-strangers, all of them senior to me, and all of whom already know that the work unit in question is completely and utterly useless. I think my boss asked me to give the presentation because he didn’t want to risk the rotten eggs being thrown at him.

So let’s hope the food’s good.

And then tomorrow night (after I’ve changed out of my rotten-egg-besmeared work clothes and into jeans), I’m going out with two friends: Sarah, who is visiting from interstate, and Angela, who is responsible for the debacle of last Friday. I imagine that we’ll
grab a coffee and then sit in a park debating whether Beckett or Pinter better capture the rhythm of silence in speech. And by “grab a coffee and then sit in a park debating whether Beckett or Pinter better capture the rhythm of silence in speech” I mean “gossip about our partners and drink a lot of white wine”.

Anyway, my point was, have a good weekend and I’ll be back Monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela Alcorn said...

Um. We never do that. *hides*

06 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home