Friday, August 25, 2006

Toddler Circus: An Idea Whose Time Has Come

For those of you keeping count at home:

Number of people who have said goodbye and good luck = 1
Number of people who have said have a good weekend, see you Monday = 6
Number of people I have corrected on the above assumption = 0.

I am such a coward.

But that's not why I'm posting. I have a query.

My best friend is extremely attractive, and her boyfriend is very hot. Therefore, they would have adorable children. Opinions divide on whether I’m more ‘pretty’ or ‘funny-looking’, but luckily my husband is impossibly gorgeous, so I think we can safely assume that our children would be pretty damn cute as well.

Given this information, don’t you guys think that my friend and I would be being selfish if we didn’t share the beauty of our children with the world?

See, we’re having a disagreement. She thinks that having children at the same time so they’d be the same age, then teaching them tricks and sending them out to perform and therefore fund our early retirement is wrong. Exploitative, even. I think that the world needs our Toddler Circus for its own good, and if we make a little money on the side that’s just icing on the cake.

So, what do you think? Should we have children and turn them into an International Travelling* Toddler Circus?

Come on. Tiny acrobats! Wee little trapeze artists! Very short clowns! That doesn't do it for you?

*I should point out that her children will be Finnish citizens, for reasons that I’m sure are perfectly logical and well-thought out. Thus the International Travelling bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you would make a lot of money with a travelling toddler circus. I'm just sorry I have nothing to contribute...

25 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home